2016 OSET 16 battery replacement questions

hi there , i just bought my son a 2016 OSET 16 and need to get new batteries. anyone have advice / info for a battery upgrade? where they bought how much, installations etc 

i am new to all this and learning, want better performance and batteries to last more than 40 mins etc. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ebike/kitchener-waterloo/ebike-36v-10ah-lithium-ion-with-bms/1495463918?undefined

would this battery work well? Ebike 36v 10ah lithium ion with bms for 180$ cash said it was charged 10 times

any advice is really appreciated. trying to keep costs lower i know these are expensive 

Also I am looking for an adult electric OSET or electric motion or e dirt bike etc for 6" male 220lbs in canada preferably ontario greater toronto area if you know anyone with a used one at a reasonable price :)

Hi.

Can't say whether the battery in mention can work in a 16" OSET - it is as much question of it fitting into the bikes battery box. Reminder that the battery needs to be secured. If not, you risk getting a puncture of the lithium cell, and could leed to some dangerous situation!

My best advice is to get a lithium battery from a well respected dealer, that has experience in building batteries for OSET.

I don't know any in Canada or US, but I will recommend Boost-bike.

I did replace my son's 16" kuberg with a Boost-bike unit, and it made sense. I have written a article on the subject on www.juniormoto.com

You can read the article on https://www.juniormoto.com/2019/01/23/switch-to-lithium-battery/?lang=en

Also... Get a 15 amp package, as the will give you a better range (or the Rance that you are looking for).

Hope this is helpful.

Regards and "feet up"

Thomas. ?

• Thanks 1

Thumbs up for “boost bikes”  if you don’t want to build your own pack then boost bikes in Ireland make a very well put together pack in a waterproof sealed unit.  Not cheap but worth it for the upgrade.

I rode round on my sons oset 24 few times. I’m 6’2 and would need something bigger, depends how much you intend doing with it.

• Thanks 1

Just hitting trails etc minimal stuff for now. Just like the fact u can ride it anywhere. Living where we are not much riding options etc. Thanks for your help have someone building custom battery for it. Boost is like 1000 cad. 

• 5 weeks later...