Txt Vs Pro

totalshell

i've ebayed all my twinshock bikes over a period of time and before i open my purse can someone give me the detail of the difference between a txt and the pro, ive checked as far back as possible on TC and cant find a definative answer so PLEASE help..

Aaaaah

R2W just beat me with his responce...

Now my reply is not funny anymore

it is easier to tell what is the same between them. It seems that they both use the same exhaust muffler, swingarm, fork, carb, tyres, chain.

So that leaves the rest different.

Like frame and engine.

Haaa, writing it down like this, difference seems meaningless. :D

Ooo almost forgot: did i mention 8 kgs weight difference? :D

Edited by gasgas

so is the pro better than the txt, I have just sold my 99 txt which I loved and could not fault, was going to buy a new or 05 pro, but am unsure of the noisy clutchs and have been advised by most in the no to go for a beta the model will be a 250 and I am only a clubman, whats anyones thoughts, it will last me for a few years :D

No, the pro is not better than the TxT,'s, just different.

I even dare to say the Txt is better.... but....

I have seen the inside of a pro engine in close view, and i must say i was thrilled by the look. Very clever engineering.

Can you break the engine: no doubt :D Just revv the hell out of it and ram it tru the gears. No doubt something will break.

Sorry, what you say: a beta will break too?

The gearbox of the Pro is, i think, the most delicate of all the trial brands.

So, i say it is depending on the person behaviour.

Do you need the lightest and trickiest bike of the bunch(out of love :D ), or can you coop with a heavier bike and down to earth engineering.

Edited by gasgas

I think the point has been made by the other posters that the Pro is lighter and developed for state of the art trick riding. I've got a 2003 TXT Edition, when I bought it I so wanted (and still do) a Pro. In the TXT's defence however, I think I'm right in saying the engine is common with the Pampera trail bike and it's bullet proof. Mine dragged me round the SSDT with zero maintenance during the week and sounds and rides ok now. Comes down to how important weight is to you and how much time you want to spend tinkering.

i got rid of my 2001 txt to get a 2002 pro. its a good bike but like mentioned before it has a few niggly faults which in newer models have been ironed out.

still if you want a good reliable bike the txt is the better buy. last ones they made where in 2003 although i remember a 2004 model but i think it was just costmetics on a old batch of 2003's

B) NO NO NO NO NO!!! not a gas gas not beta not Montesa not scorpa nothing but the best bike going SHERCO, you can chuck that around and i garentie you nothing will break THEY ARE BUILT LIKE TANKS e.g my mate just had to get a new exaughst for his gas gas txt how much do u think it was 300

B) NO NO NO NO NO!!! not a gas gas not beta not Montesa not scorpa nothing but the best bike going SHERCO, you can chuck that around and i garentie you nothing will break THEY ARE BUILT LIKE TANKS e.g my mate just had to get a new exaughst for his gas gas txt how much do u think it was          300

Remember that Sherco's sound like tractors at the end of a trial. Sound very nice at the start but thats it!! :)

Best thing to do is attend a test day and choose what you like.

i personally like the 300 pro as it revs lower and chugs along,

Although i ride my much favoured BETA!!!! :D

:D:DB);):beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

my mate had a sherco and disliked and has gone back to gasgas as it was easy to maintain, but everything broke on it! although i ride a gasgas i wouldn't mind a beta or montesa any day they are brill bikes! (but not as good as gasgas!!!!!!!!!!) :D