Wheel building.

colinf

Its been a while since i've been on this forum but after several other projects i've finally dug out my '77 191 Sherpa so i can finish it ( and use it!).

It was in bits when i got it,including the wheels.I've just got the hubs back from Mike Danby who's done a great job re-lining them,got spoke sets from Inmotion so i'm ready to have a go at building the wheels up.I have got the parts list which shows the spoke pattern but information on the offset is thin on the ground.What i could find online was for a 199A and was Front brake side 15mm , non-brake side 32mm and Rear brake side 40mm , non-brake side 35mm. Just checking them earlier today it seems the rear could be right but by subtracting the front rim width from the front hub width there's isn't enough left to have a combined offset of 47mm ( approx hub 96mm minus rim 56mm =40mm! )

In order to mount the wheel to check run-out i have fitted the wheel bearings but i don't seem to have the bearing spacers for the front or rear wheels.

So can anyone help with the offset measurements for a 191 and does anyone know where i can get the spacers or have any lying about that they could measure for me and i'll get some turned up.

any advice appreciated as always

Oooops!      Just had a rummage and found the bearing spacers!  Turns out that i'd had them plated while getting a load done for a friend's GS1100G that i'm restoring for him .So it's just the offset measurement i need.