S3 Bar Ends for EPure

AngelX13

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, AngelX13 said:

Is anyone using S3 Bar Ends on a EPure?  I'm trying to figure out which model bar ends to get.  #5 or TOO?  I guess the question is does the EPure have a closed or open throttle tube?

The throttle tube on the EM is open. I went with these orange ones from ZETA, to compliment the bike colors. Top quality kit.

Available from the Tryals Shop: https://www.tryalsshop.com/Bar-Ends-Plug-Handlebar-Zeta-p39622585

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.fde71392cc6c5f4fbc469c166ccfdee3.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, AngelX13 said:

Is anyone using S3 Bar Ends on a EPure?  I'm trying to figure out which model bar ends to get.  #5 or TOO?  I guess the question is does the EPure have a closed or open throttle tube?

I’ve got the #5 ends on mine because I wanted the throttle tube ‘bearing’. 

Although the throttle tube is open ended, the plastic bearing provided with the S3 kit is a nice snug fit inside throttle tube. So I glued it in flush with the end using cyanoacrylate gel (superglue!). 

Worked a treat and it does seem to improve the throttle action slightly.

I ordered my bike back in March and eventually the order got updated to a 2022 model (which I'm happy about) and yippee, it arrived at the dealer today, finally.  

I ended up getting the S3 #5s and will try something like you describe.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 2021 escape and trying to find bar ends that fit.   I bought a set of Jitsies from TryalsShopUSA, and they don't fit. 

my digital calipers say the ID of my bars is 10.83 mm. not even the 10mm nut fits in, where tip to tip on the 10mm nut is 11.27mm and the shank of the bar end itself is 13.57mm.

Are these the same size bars as the Epure that folks are using the S3 or Zeta in? 

Mike at TryalsShop said his webmaster has an EM and used the Zeta bar ends but the size appeared identical to the Jitsies so I am confused.  Will I need to drill out my bars or..? 

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, GrahamM78 said:

Mike at TryalsShop said his webmaster has an EM and used the Zeta bar ends but the size appeared identical to the Jitsies so I am confused.  Will I need to drill out my bars or..? 

That would be me. The ZETA bar ends come with two different size inserts, in the package.

No drilling of the bars required, with the correct set of inserts. (The set to the right, running vertically.)

2450625315.jpg