Location For 1st Round Of Youth Nationals

ruffrider

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking my lad to the Youth A & B National Trial at Dob Park

on 19th Feb.

I know it's near Otley but can anyone be a tad more specific on exactly where it is.

Is anyone here riding ... we'll look out for you.

Anyone been to watch it before ? Is it really good ?

When does it start ? Should we aim for the start ?

When is it likely to finish ? should we aim to get there later in the day ?

Dob Park is located north of Otley. Follow the A6451 towards Pateley Bridge until you Cross the River. Then instead of turning right with the A6451 continue forward past the Wharfedale Hospital. Follow the signs to Blubberhouses. As you head North there will be a home made warning sign about "Geese Crossing" and a sharp right turn. After about a mile or so on watch out for a climbing left hander with a slip to your right. It is signed "Dob Park", don't panic if you miss it you can turn round a little further up. From the North You need to be on the A59 Harrogate to Skipton road and turn right at the Fewston Reservoir(Blubberhouses turn). Then watch out for the Dob Park signs about 5 or 6 miles. Once on that road just follow it doen to the Venue. The start is at 10:30 with Riders to have had their Machines examined by 10am and attend the riders briefing at 10:00am.

Note for Spectators. The Car Park will be for competitors AND THEY ARE 111 ENTRIES. Please park considerately as others residents of the lane will want to use it during the day.

As for when to get there they'll be a massive queue at the first section so aim to be there between 11:00 and 12:00.

Tip: I'm Wearing Wellies as parts of the wood can get boggy but some parents wear Trials boots or rugged hiking boots.

Dorothy Wardle will be there with her usual excellent selection of Hot Food and drinks throughout the day, to keep the officials. riders and spectators warm and filled!

Last thing.

NO DOGS WILL BE ALLOWED AT THE VENUE

This is at the request of the landowner.

Edited by Telecat

Que at the first section should not be too large as

1, the riders are set off at 1minute intervals

2, Bclass riders will start at section 1 and Aclass will start at a section further along the course.

Dob park is an excellent venue, great for spectating (if u dnt mind gettin muddy that is)and it should be a good day.

B)

Further Information. The Course is 20 sections, Two laps. 8 Sections in Dob Park, 12 in Browns Wood. The A Class will start at Section 9,(first section in Browns Wood) The B at section 1 In Dob Park. The Car Park will be open about 8am. There is a Tanker due at 11am visiting a farm down the lane so please park Considerately if spectating.

AS iow Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

So who will be at the top at the end of the day..

It could look like this

A 125 Wiggy, Danby, Challoner.

A 250 Crellin

B 125 Richardson 

I would keep an eye on Ben Morphett in the B's, him & Jonathon

should have a fair tussle for the title this year.

Further information. I'll be there to cover this. B) This is thanks to a little agreement that should take me to as many of the Youth Champ rounds this year as I can fit in. More on it later, but I'll be there Sunday.

Now Challoner beat wiggy at the Cobb & Jagger B) , but Richardson beat Challoner at the recent Richmond trial :) , so i think that if young Jonathan was riding A class he would beat all of them :P . Pick the lumps out of that one. :P

Edited by AS iow

Now Challoner beat wiggy at the Cobb & Jagger B)

He did that too but he wouldnt if Alexz hadn't been given that 5 !!
but Richardson beat Challoner and the recent Richmond trial :) , so i think that if young Jonathan was riding A class he would beat all of them :P .  Pick the lumps out of that one. :P

Yeah, another great rider but as he isnt in A class it isnt worth arguing over.