What Security Do You Have?

ned1

I have most of the stuff thats been mentioned but i also have a baby monitor on the inside of the shed door and another next to my bed so that i can hear the b******s before they even get near my bike.

surley that costs a fortune in AA batteries??

are we all supposed to be this paranoid and scared by the fear machine ?? But i know there are alot of ****s about, i live in an old mining community B)

Jackman, that thing you have shown us is useless! Cut through that with a blunt hacksaw in 20 seconds mate. Now dont be a skinflint, get down the hardware store and spend at least $150-200 on a proper chain, operative word is  -CHAIN-  not wire. Chains come with nylon sleeves to protect your TY paintwork but please do make an effort. Padlock needs to big and heavy. Chain all those bikes of yours together in one big bundle using several chains, that way they would be very awkward to move say into a truck. Certainly get a dog as well, not some giagantic great mut but a small yappy annoying terrier and dont lend it to granny every weekend (thats the mut ....not the TY) because thats when scum will call on you!! 

Make it difficult for them.  Bye!!

Thanks for the input ferretflasher:) I'll be sure to get a new chain before I head up to the cottage again in the summer.. That's not the lock I use, (similar, but) mine is much more heavy duty, and I didn't think you could hack thorugh it so easily.. thanks for the advice B) As for the dog situation, we have three large german sheppards

Thanks again for all the tips :) I'm glad to hear you can get a chain that's coated.. A year ago it wouldn't have mattered, but now that I've repainted the TY, I can't bring myself to knicking it up with an old rusty chain!

thanks again

I remember many moons ago I had a shiney new Yam XJ650 with an alarm fitted behind the numberplate. Wedged behind the yam in the passageway was my Yam TY250 with a padlock and chain attatched, fairly secure you would think. One morning I found my XJ650 had been moved slightly to the side, checking on the XJ and TY nothing appeared untowards, I was impressed that the alarm had obviously done its job and scared off the would be thief. That weekend I went to load up my trusty TY on to the trailer and low and behold she was missing the brand new Girling gas shocks I had just bourght her!!!!!!

Morale to the story: try to lock up as many parts of the bike as possible, if you just run a chain through the front wheels of your Rev3/Fantic240/Arial 500 you may end up looking at three front wheels when you open the shed in the morning!!!!!!

Food for thourght!

ok,

got new bike, so now i want to protect it too,

heres the monster,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OXFORD-MONSTER-MOTOR...1QQcmdZViewItem

how much is it normally, i mean id like to get it from my local trials shop, but not if its double the price,

and im right in thinking it is insurance approved isnt it ?

theres a few here http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product.asp?ProductID=773 ranging in price depending on length but it looks as though the middle length is cheaper than the rest? and they are claiming thatcham approved so yes that means its an insurance approved lock should save you a bit on you premium

However just spotted the hardcore lock and chain here also thatcham approved but only costing

Edited by barrybaines

im guessing that you mean,

putting the D lock through the frame next to the footpeg ? where the chain passes??

Mat

has a pretty bloody dim moment while reading

"developmental Cognitive neuropsychology text book" :)

Soz

Edited by Magicmat

the best stuff to use to secure your ground anchor is "HILTI" chemical fixing .it comes in tubes and is a two part mixture.its what they use to anchor scaffolding to the sides of buildings.brilliant product.

and before anyone comments ,no i don,t work for HILTI,just use the product sometimes at work