Carb Questions

eric23

First item: I recall a post where somebody said they could get the carb out of an SY250 without removing the subframe and air box. If that is the case, would you please post detailed instructions, thanks.

Second item: The reason for having to get the carb out has been a clogged pilot jet. I'm running an in-line fuel filter. This is the second time in about a month. Since the first time this happened I purchased an air compressor, so it got a thorough blasting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know these sounds too simple but I have seen both happen a few times so here we go.

Step 1 Pilot jet blocks somehow.

Step 2 Owner takes off carby including fuel supply hose with filter attached and cleans out pilot jet.

Step 3 Owner refits carby and fuel line, this time the filter is installed opposite direction to previous.

Step 4 Pilot jet blocks soon after from junk washed out of filter.

Optional Step 2 Owner takes off carby leaving fuel hose and filter attached to fuel tap. Junk enters fuel hose while carby is disconnected.

Step 3 Fuel washes junk into float bowl after reassembly.

Step 4 Pilot jet blocks again.

Another mode of pilot jet blockage:

Junk gets into the pilot jet via the pilot air hole in the carby bellmouth (usually when the carby is being reinstalled)