East Yorkshire new members

Ginettaman

Hi I'm a new member of this forum. I'm from near Stamford bridge on A66 and my son's and I fancy trying trial's riding. I'm a bit old really but my youngest is 12. I understand he would only be able to ride a 125 if doing any proper ACU trials but he needs to learn bike control firstly. He has risen auto bikes so far. So we are looking for starter 125 bike and maybe a 2 bike trailer. My son wants some size 6 boots if anyone has grown out of theirs and somewhere to go practicing.  We hope to join Scarborough MC once we have some SH bikes but could do with somewhere closer to York really?

Hello I’m also near York 

best practice area is Scarborough and really the only place you can go

Both get an acu license and start trials! Your never to old for trials and when you get going check there is a white route for beginners and start coming to events, through summer there are easy trials on an evening for beginners which are a great start 

there’s loads of trials on, we rode Scarborough, eboracum, Pickering, hull auto club, Northallerton, guisborough, ripon, wetherby 

Thank you let's hope my son takes to it. If we get a practice pass but don't compete yet would we still need an ACU licence? Does he have to have a 125 for practice or is that just to compete? They are harder to find! We will both need a fair bit of practice before attempting competition I think. We watched a trial last Sunday.