Sherco,now Desperate!

gasgasssser

You can't really spray that seal while the engine is running as the flywheel is in the way and it won't run without it :blink:

You could try it with some butane or propane that might work, I suppose it might work with WD if you leave the flywheel cover on and spray all around the joint and where the wires comes out.

Just a thought in all this beating about.

Have you pulled the flywheel cover and checked the crank bearings (endplay) otherwise known as grabbing the flywheel and seeing if you can wiggle it up and down?

Pretty easy quick check and you may find bottom end bearings giving the seals fits. No matter how new the seal, it will not hold up if the bearing behind it is loose.

5 minute check.

And yes, I have seen where a leaking left side seal on a Sherco made it run somewhat erraticly. Swapped the seal sitting in a field and it was fine.

I would not use self tappers on that seal personally, it should just come out with a small seal pick. If you do go with self tappers, be extremely careful that you do not do more damage then you do good.

Mine's running pretty sweet now thanks, only problem is, when it's hot I'm constantly fiddling with the carb screw to get the tickover right, it seems to change from section to section :angry:

I'm taking it off tomorrow and cleaning it out ready for next weekend.

Hope you get the splutter sorted out soon mate. Maybe worth getting it into a bike shop for a bit of tinkering, I know it pains to pay but you should only be charged if they can sort it.

hi Andy

I think i will take it to the shop soon.I think it needs an expert now.

I just recieved a post fom a guy across the pond who read my post about the splutter.He said he had a similar problem,it was caused by a cracked muffler.He also pointed out that the tail pipe makes a great grab handle which is why the cracks probably got there.I do this,although i know i shouldnt.If your having carb probs,might be a good idea to check your exhaust for breaks.

good luck

Steve :angry: