High Compression Head Or Keihin Carb?

ryan218

Had a high comp head on Toms '05 for a short while. Went back to the standard head as it is less snappy at the bottom end and therefore easier to find grip in thr current slippy conditions. Probably put the high comp one back on for the summer !!!! Cost about

put both on. were going to. have a keihein on now and it runs beautifully, high compression head will be going on in the summer though. the keihein doesn't make it rev any higher it just moves the power around to the top end of the rev range. the high compression head on the other hand i think that does make it rev higher.

perfect combination :blink:

Normally spoken a high compression head is working best at the low-end scale of the revs, as the higher comp makes for higher temps, creating better burning pattern specially at low throttle settings were port-flow is not optimum. So a high comp head in combination with a keihin carb shld give the whole engine more hp's. I wld check the squish height first though, maybe you run a high squish right now and the high comp head wld not change a thing, when you forgot that part.

Edited by gasgas

When tuning car engines, i always went on the pretence that

more compression = more Hp

but bigger engine = more torque,

thats why a F1 engine can hit nearly 1000hp on a 3liter :chairfall:

Dunno if that helps. just felt the need to input :chairfall:

the high compression head on the other hand i think that does make it rev higher.

Sorry but you've got that the wrong way around, a high compression head will limit the revs.

soz mate but 'Factory Kev' told us and a mate of mine has one on his and he reckons so.

Edited by north_yorkshire_lad