2021 TXT 250 Spring rates

katoom400

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2021 TXT 250 (not GP)  with tech ally forks and ohlins rear shock.  I'm ~ 220lbs (100kg) in gear.  I'm thinking I need to change the front and rear springs to suite my weight.  What rates do I need?

25 minutes ago, konrad said:

Tech only makes 3 spring rates, one of which is for over 90kg.  SplatShop is an excellent resource for this information: https://www.splatshop.co.uk/tech-39mm-fork-spring-ally-steel-forks.html

They sell a large variety of Ohlins springs as well (with rate guidance): https://www.splatshop.co.uk/ohlins-rear-shock-spring.html

Thanks, but need to find US based retailer.  from my research it seems 8.0 spring for the rear  (7.0 is stock) and Jitsie offers two options for the fork 6.8-9.5 and 7.3-10.0 

Also I'm coming from an enduro background and relatively new to trials, but it seems most of the more experienced guys I'm riding with are around my same weight and still running stock springs?  Is it not as much of an issue as it would be on an enduro bike?

If you think it's an issue, then it's an issue. Personally, I'm a stickler for making the suspension work properly on whatever I'm riding.

I'm also in the US, and it's typically only 10 days shipping time. Splatshop's support and pricing is unparalleled.  The price you see without logging-in includes VAT (which you won't pay).

• Like 1