I think I'm leaning towards the twin shock bikes..

Peabody

There might be the possibility, of a trade deal coming up...

I'll wind up with a TY175 ..

74' model I believe..

I like the looks of the twin shock classics, and those tiny little seats..

Give this fat man a place to rest. Ha.

Just saw a picture of a TY with modern forks and a disk brake.

Yes.. watching the classic trials videos on YouTube..

Those bikes are really neat.

I rode a TY175 in the 70s, with, for me, some success. Today, one which runs as it should will get you round trials reliably enough, though the gap in development and performance between it and modern bikes will be immediately evident. Depends whether that is an issue for you or not.

By the way, the 175 was introduced in 1975 so the one you're looking at will be at least as "young" as that.

10 minutes ago, cleanorbust said:

I rode a TY175 in the 70s, with, for me, some success. Today, one which runs as it should will get you round trials reliably enough, though the gap in development and performance between it and modern bikes will be immediately evident. Depends whether that is an issue for you or not.

By the way, the 175 was introduced in 1975 so the one you're looking at will be at least as "young" as that.

Ah, thanks 👍..

A new friend of mine..Andrew,a member on here was kind enough to bring a few of his bikes up to ride.

My nephew and son rode his gas gas. 250 , and a gasgas 270, while Andrew rode his Montesa four stroke.  I played a little bit. Then screwed up my knee.. figgers.

He also has a Yamaha ty250 .. but we didn't ride it.

But I liked it's looks.. 

Andrew was a super nice guy!!

I did get to ride his Montesa around my yard and barn. Wow! Awesome machine!! But. I've realized,  my age and weight.. and limitations.. I'll mostly just plunk around in my woods. And yes, I need some type of seat..

Just something to catch myself, if my knee's give out ..

Realized..yes ,,I'm old and stiff..

So.. I think a classic old skool twin shock, will do me just fine.. probably be more Abel than I'll ever be.

Huge thanks to Andrew. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Drew said:

I think a TY would be great for your place.  Good luck with the deal.

Also, don't feel too bad about your knee. I took a tumble on my mountain bike yesterday and injured mine.

Dang !!! So sorry to hear that !!

Hopefully you'll heal fast !

Don't forget, your invitation here is forever.  Very much enjoyed your visit. Please come back.

Hopefully we'll meet up in Trenton.