Ossa TR77 Front Wheel Issue

IDC

I am in the process of rebuilding my TR77 and have come across a problem whilst trying to re-fit the front wheel. The hub/spindle assembly is too long to go between the fork legs, please see attached photos. The only thing I can think is that the spacer between the speedo drive and the ns bearing is too long? The spacer I have is 17.5mm long 20mm od and 12.5mm id, Ossa part no 106604 which I think is common to MAR versions as well. Has anybody got their front wheel out at the moment and if so can you please confirm the dimensions of the spacer on your bike. Thanks.

P1090755.JPG

P1090756.JPG

I haven't got one to measure as I don't use a speedo drive, there is only one length so if it is the original item it will be correct length. If you have mudguard brackets fitted, try removing them as the brackets can pull the legs together enough for the forks to bind if they are tight, bending them outwards stops this

• Like 2

Hi Woody, thanks for your thoughts. I have removed the mudguard brackets but it has not made any difference to the spacing between the fork leg bosses which is 106mm.The spindle assembly including the spacer and speedo drive is 110mm, so there is 4mm too much somewhere? I am at a loss to know what has happened as the wheel was on the bike when I got it, I should have paid more attention when I removed it! I can only think I have mixed up something in the months the wheel has been off or the fork legs were forced apart, I think it will just be one of those mysteries. Regards, IDC

The forks could have been forced apart yes, but the travel would have been very stiff .The spacer could be wrong, in absence of knowing the correct length you could test the spacer length by fitting the bearings back in the wheel then push the spindle through the wheel with the speedo drive and spacer, if the spacer is too wide the drive shouldn't engage with the hub