Scorpa 98

=TSR= Korky

Hi i have the 1998 scorpa (rotax engine)

and the prob i have with the clutch is that it is stiff and i have a bit of drag when cold.

when warm the drag is still there but not as bad and still have the stiff lever

have had the clutch out and no noticable faults but i am stumped

i have been told that maybe the clutch cradel is foofed i havn't a clue there is no slip at all from the clutch

pulls perfect in all gears

any advice would be ace thanks

ps/ i use the correct oil for the gearbox aswell

May be worth bleeding the system and the fact that it drags a bit you could adjust it on the lever for when it is warm but the drag when it`s cold? mines the same I just wait for the engine to warm up a bit (good practise to do this anyway in my opinion) Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Dabs

hi, I have a 95 250 when i got it the clutch dragged from cold, & slipped in high gears. Changing the oil sorted the drag & when i stripped it i found it only has 3 springs as standard, so i got another 3 (6 in total) This made it heavy & wouldnt clear, upon measuring the new springs compressed in a vice their length was longer than the other 3 (Coil bound)So i ground a coil off them & all ok .No slip or drag even from cold & light enough to do a full trial using 1 finger. Thing is ive also picked up a 99 240 easy & it drags from cold and even hot if left for 5 mins so its getting oil changed too ;)

mine only has 3 springs too but just changing the oil too a fully synthetic helped loads, OK so it still drags a little when just started but I wouldn`t be riding it at that temp anyway.

Just a thought saves stripping it a good quality synthetic gear oil cost me around a tenner for a litre