Second Hand Shercos

chipy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode the one I saw today and loved it. The last time I rode a trials bike was my Fantic 240 so the difference was immence.

As you say I wouldnt buy on ebay before I test rode anything which is not that easy as they tend to be in the midle of the country. On thinking about the one I saw today it had done some work but im not sure how much. The end of the exhaust was scuffed badly and over the frame was ware and tare. I would pay up to

I sold a near perfect one for 22 so keep looking, don't pay too much.

Don't dismiss the dealer route either. They are very very keen to shift 05 stock (some won't take p ex )and you should get a bit of dealer back up. I would expect most dealers to take 2300 for a 290 05 in good shape even if it were up for 2500.

Thanks Shercool,

Trouble is finding out the mouldy ones. Im looking at a few on ebay at the moment. One of the sellers is on here but im waiting to find out his username. Hes sent me lots of pics of the bike and it looks fine. Its a late 2005 model with some of the 2006 parts on at

seems alright, hasnt done much work by the sounds of it. if you buy a bike off ebay just make sure its as described, should be pretty obvious if theres anything seriously wrong with them, think most people will give proper descriptions, dont see the point in lying about stuff.

My mate has one of those,i call it an 05 and a half!basicaly it is in a 4 stroke frame with the split down tubes.nothing wrong with that,but the coil is mounted in a very vunrable place,plus with the new shape tank he had trouble with petrol leaking from tank/petcock seal.