Second Hand Shercos

chipy

Be very wary of these ebay sellers like one person on this topic said. buyer did pick the bike up and sound OK 3 weeks down the line and only being on the bike twice got rougher and rougher, for his information I have the invoice from TW Bikesport for the work done (yep main bearings) just be carefull. Some people just can't accept that they sold a bum deal.

sold you a cracking bike, you even said this at the time and in your feedback, and you accuse me of selling you a bum deal!!! :angry: you rode the bike twice before you got back to me and for all i know you could have done anything to the bike, drown it etc...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very wary of these ebay sellers like one person on this topic said. buyer did pick the bike up and sound OK 3 weeks down the line and only being on the bike twice got rougher and rougher, for his information I have the invoice from TW Bikesport for the work done (yep main bearings) just be carefull. Some people just can't accept that they sold a bum deal.

sold you a cracking bike, you even said this at the time and in your feedback, and you accuse me of selling you a bum deal!!! :angry: you rode the bike twice before you got back to me and for all i know you could have done anything to the bike, drown it etc...

Some people also can't accept that these things DO and WILL happen to trials bike's, he was just very unlucky by the sounds of things.

True the bearings don't last for ever but what I am trying to get across is the fact that there are bikes out there that are not 100% what people say they are, a bike may sound sweet as a nut to one person but when run along side another which is running 100% it may become apparent that the bike does have a problem.Which is what i discovered and NO I did not drown the bike but the Mechanic who repaired it did comment that it was probably drowned at some time, now it sure is funny that a certain forum member should mention that the bike may have been drowned :P mmmmmmmmmm I wonder.

I will admit I got a good bike but it had to have a couple of hundred pounds spent on it to make it a CRACKING!! bike. Now it runs sweet as a nut. :angry:

Edited by staggiedog

dont drown bikes me, tend to keep out of the deep stuff :angry: got a good mate who is also a mechanic (and son of a sherco dealer) and he said there was nowt wrong with the bike. as andy290 said, you have been unlucky. glad you have now got the cracking bike like i always knew it to be!!

Mmmm interesting thoughts guys. Well this bike isnt very old, only done 8 trials and is in very good condition. I wonder what it cost new in October 05?

I expect Chris is going to tell me.

C

Edited by Chipy

im totally rebuilding a GG engine,

and was getting advice from a dealer. and they told me, that i should put abit of loctite on the bearings when putting them in.

Because it has been known for the mains in shercos to spin in the casings. This is just my 2cents, it was what i was told,

So you can/do/could have just got unlucky,

Its a motorcycle, its the nature of the machine/fun

Things do go wrong in new bikes and cars.

Im a member of an off road club and some of the members brought new Mitsibushi L200s at the same time as me, only one of the owners has had a night mare with his. This is covered under warenty but it doest make it any easer when he hasnt got a vehicle for work. Mine has been sound as a pound so have I got a lucky one or not...

The guy in question does thrash his up and down the motorway so if you look after things then they should last...

Chipy

im totally rebuilding a GG engine,

and was getting advice from a dealer. and they told me, that i should put abit of loctite on the bearings when putting them in.

Because it has been known for the mains in shercos to spin in the casings. This is just my 2cents, it was what i was told,

So you can/do/could have just got unlucky,

Its a motorcycle, its the nature of the machine/fun

This is supposed to be quite a common problem on the shercos. If the main bearings seize they will spin in the casings which makes the reccesses in the casings eccentric. This ends up with having to replace the casings worst scenario which is expensive. The best idea when buying a bike is to be cheeky and ask to remove the flywheel cover(its only a few bolts), get hold of the flywheel weight and rock it up and down and push it in and out. There should be virtually no excess play in the bearings and if there is I would re-negotiate the price or steer clear as there is always a better bike around the corner. Just dont forget to take a spare flywheel cover o-ring with you incase you damage the it when you remove the cover.