Hello everyone + advise on first bike ?

KASTY

Hello everyone, 

I have been riding Motocross bikes for over 20 years but after several injuries it's over. I fell in love with Trial Bikes and I would like to start riding Trial and learn.

I am an Italian Expat living in Moscow ( Russia ) and here I found ( From the cheapest to dearest ) the following NEW bikes: 

1. Vertigo Nitro 300 - MY 2023 

2.Vertigo Nitro 300 - MY 2024 

3. GasGas TXT 300 Racing - MY 2024 

4.GasGas TXT 300 GP - MY 2024

They are all closed in a GBP1200 range and price is not the main factor of my choiche.

Which one you advise me to go for ? 

Thanks, 

KASTY

Edited by KASTY
Spelling mistake

300cc is a lot of bike.  I am sure you would be OK if you have riden MX, but it does make the learning more difficult.  The Gasgas (with an aftermarket low compression head insert fitted after you buy it) would be my choice if you cannot find a smaller engine bike where you are.

Im biased towards gasgas. The GP is unnecessary, unless money is not a problem. Are you close to a vertigo dealer if something goes wrong with it? GG have a better dealer network now theyre under KTM. Other than that, neither is a bad bike

• Like 1

The nearest dealer to me is GasGas which is 20 mins walk. The vertigo one is on the other side of the town ( approx 1 hour dirive in low traffic conditions / 2 hours in heavy traffic condition ). 

I could find only 300 cc bikes here!

@ChrisCH the GasGas dealer showed me a technical spec table an the TXT Racing seems to have 9.6:1 compression ratio vs the TXT GP with 10,4:1 compression - I am afraid the GP is too powerful / explosive power!

In general GasGas looks better build and the carburator seems a complication less than the injection!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KASTY said:

- I am afraid the GP is too powerful / explosive power!

As it tops out at around 17 kph in first gear 🤔 has a 28mm carb instead of a 39mm carb is 70 pounds lighter and possibly puts out half the horsepower of what you have been riding, I think 20 years of MX experience should prepare most to handle the explosive power of any trials bike unless you have terrible throttle and clutch control.  

On the question of construction quality; look at the footpeg mounts on a GasGas and then the Vertigo or a TRS or Montesa.  GasGas typically takes more shortcuts in construction to keep the manufacturing costs lower.  

I was just thinking that Vertigo is a much smaller company than GasGas and might have reliability issues as a smaller company has less resoureces...and the Injector seems a complication to me. Am I wrong?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KASTY said:

I was just thinking that Vertigo is a much smaller company than GasGas and might have reliability issues as a smaller company has less resoureces...and the Injector seems a complication to me. Am I wrong?

I tend to agree, although to be honest you dont hear lots of problems with the vertigo, but if something were to go wrong it usually requires a laptop to diagnose it. I disagree on the point about footrest brackets, the gg is a steel frame, if you manage to somehow bend the frame here it can be straightened again. Ive seen the alloy framed montesas actually break the frame here

The price difference to the gp i think is mostly around suspension. Engine performance difference isnt that noticeable

Edited by faussy

The new all new GASGAS is a very nice bike  I would go for that one You can tame it down with a low compression head insert and a slow throttle tube  

7 hours ago, KASTY said:

I could not find any " comparison " for 23/24 bikes in google. Do you guys found any, please?

That's easy, they will change the stickers, possibly the frame or plastics colour and almost nothing else 😆

Today I have visited the Vertigo dealer and I can say that the GasGas seems more refined bike as far as concern the finishing and looks but the Vertigo seems having a better project/layout with central tank and front air filter + the Injector seems to me an interesting development that makes the engine more friendly in the power output if it is reliable. 

Vertigo suspensions seem same level of the GasGas TXT Racing while the TXT GP seems having more higher end suspensions. 

The Vertigo dealer made me an interesting offer for a 2024 Nitro and I am thinking to pull the trigger on it.

None of these points/comparisons you make are as important as how a bike feels to ride. Trying a bike is vital if you are thinking of buying.My advice is get the 250 which feels the most comfortable. 

Edited by tshock250

9 hours ago, tshock250 said:

None of these points/comparisons you make are as important as how a bike feels to ride. Trying a bike is vital if you are thinking of buying.My advice is get the 250 which feels the most comfortable. 

I wish I could try a bike but there are no bikes for test plus I am a super newbie and can't really judge. This is why I am asking you guys as you might tell me which bike is easier and which bike is a no way for newbie. The 250 cc bikes are not imported at all here.