Hello everyone + advise on first bike ?

KASTY

1 hour ago, konrad said:

2024 Vertigo?  I thought there was an EU ban on exporting motorcycles priced above €5000 into Russia.  Is that no longer in effect?

Sanctions don't really work as a matter of fact. Russians always find a way to turn around restrictions and this is from the soviet union's times.

Posted (edited)

From the little literature I found in internet it seems that GasGas is more of a " Racing " bike and the Vertigo is a little more " all around " and easier bike to ride. Is this a correct impression I got from the " virtual world " ? 

Edited by KASTY
spelling mistake

6 hours ago, KASTY said:

I wish I could try a bike but there are no bikes for test plus I am a super newbie and can't really judge. This is why I am asking you guys as you might tell me which bike is easier and which bike is a no way for newbie. The 250 cc bikes are not imported at all here.

Which bike is really very personal, but the 300cc bikes are more difficult to learn on as they are very powerful.  If that is the only option then you will have to accept you will find it a little more difficult at first.  All 4 options are good and whatever you buy will be a good bike, just a bit more difficult to learn than - for example a 125cc.

It will be much more important that you have somewhere to ride and someone to help you learn.  You can find a lot of good instruction on YouTube but having a good rider to watch you makes a big difference.

6 hours ago, KASTY said:

From the little literature I found in internet it seems that GasGas is more of a " Racing " bike and the Vertigo is a little more " all around " and easier bike to ride. Is this a correct impression I got from the " virtual world " ? 

This is just marketing.  A 300cc trials bike is a high end competition bike.

44 minutes ago, ChrisCH said:

Which bike is really very personal, but the 300cc bikes are more difficult to learn on as they are very powerful.  If that is the only option then you will have to accept you will find it a little more difficult at first.  All 4 options are good and whatever you buy will be a good bike, just a bit more difficult to learn than - for example a 125cc.

It will be much more important that you have somewhere to ride and someone to help you learn.  You can find a lot of good instruction on YouTube but having a good rider to watch you makes a big difference.

The guy that is selling the Vertigo Bikes is the Russian National Multichampion and he as a " trial club/school " . It's a piece of land in which he has build a trial course with obstacles of different kind and level with a shop that has mechanics and spear parts. Himself and another guy offer training lessons. I can leave the bike there and I will have a place for my equipment and showers/sauna. Outside the club you can do some free ride as well but is kind of flat around that area.

1 hour ago, KASTY said:

The guy that is selling the Vertigo Bikes is the Russian National Multichampion and he as a " trial club/school " . It's a piece of land in which he has build a trial course with obstacles of different kind and level with a shop that has mechanics and spear parts. Himself and another guy offer training lessons. I can leave the bike there and I will have a place for my equipment and showers/sauna. Outside the club you can do some free ride as well but is kind of flat around that area.

Wow.  That sounds like a great facility.  The Vertigo would be a nice choice if they are able to do the repairs and services. 

Correct they have all parts + special price on the club membership and the guy threw in the deal three free 1.5 hours lessons on top of a good price for the bike. I guess GasGas will stay in the Dealer)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KASTY said:

Virtual World 🤔 is that a video game?  Gammers don't know about riding motorcycles.  Anything you see one of those competition bikes go over, the other one will follow, none of them will make it any easier than the other it is all hard work.  You aren't buying just a motorcycle you are buying a gasoline powered exercise machine.

8 minutes ago, lemur said:

Virtual World 🤔 is that a video game?  Gammers don't know about riding motorcycles.  Anything you see one of those competition bikes go over, the other one will follow, none of them will make it any easier than the other it is all hard work.  You aren't buying just a motorcycle you are buying a gasoline powered exercise machine.

Virtual world meant Internet)

I know about hard work as I have been riding MX bikes over 20 years!

42 minutes ago, KASTY said:

Virtual world meant Internet)

I know about hard work as I have been riding MX bikes over 20 years!

lol and yet you are going to discover muscles that you did not know exist.  Your MX experience is why I believe you will have no problem with the engine power, if you have good throttle and clutch control you should be able to ride anything.   Front brake may take some getting accustom to because they are about twice as sensitive as typical MX and Enduro bike brakes, only use one finger on the trials bike if you are normally using two fingers to brake your MX bike.  Brakes are something you use occasionally on a MX bike to slow you down, Trials riding will have you on the brakes almost as much as the throttle.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all!

Between the GasGas and the Vertigo I bought a 2023 TRS 300 ONE Raga Replica...lol )

I have been offered a very good deal from the TRS importer. They had The ONE, the ONE RR and the Gold Series. Probably the ONE would have been the best bike for me because of smoother engine output but the price difference was just GBP 300 and for this price difference I prefer better suspensions and more bling bling of the ONE RR even if it will be a more difficult bike to learn on.

I was thinking to go for the Gold Series because of better suspensions/hubs and front brake and some extra bling bling but the dealer told me that it's too powerful for the high compression head and CDI set up and the price difference was in the range of + GBP 1100 compared to the ONE RR.

I am proud and happy like a kid)))...please share your opinions and Thoughts on TRS in general and on the ONE RR...thanks!

• Like 1