Califoria Youth Trials Team Sponsorship

mich lin

I'd like to point out the fantastic support that Southern Califorina Trials riders and clubs have given to our Youth Trials Team. Over $5000.00 dollars have been donated and raised to get Team Califorina out to the Youth nationals for 06.

To date, this young team has won all 3 Trial De State national team titles! Beating every other state team in the nation. They have also won more individual age group national titles than any other team.

Southern Califorina has put more effort into youth trials than anybody in the nation! Not only have the kids worked very hard but the parents and fellow club riders have been totally behind these amazing kids.

A speical mention must also be given to Bill Markem and the ITS for creating kid rider specific events early on. This effort towards the childern has created an ever growing number of avid trials riding youngsters in Southern Califorina, that are now tearnig their way through the adult classes in regular competition.

All these kids need to impact the world is support from the rest of the nation and our national federation. Open a 125cc national championship to them and they will attack the 125cc world championship as a team and beat the world.

Edited by Mich Lin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of local clubs have done a great job sending their kids out to TN and CA for the youth nationals. Lots of money raised and more youth in the sport, its all good.

And Bill Markem is doin a great job as well, picking up where Ryan left off with the youth lines at the nationals.

However, I object to those silly trials-de-state things. Its just ridiculous to pit California against Massachusetts, Minnesota, or West Virginia because its all based on population, and let's face it, CA is one the more crowded states in America. So of course they will win it when the field is flooded with californians. I liked the trial-de-club better seeing as you could group your actual club together and give the smaller states a fighting chance, like the NETA won it a year or two back.

I could use the same argument for the Trial De Nations! Nations like Australia only have a few million in population total. Yet they give Team USA a run for their money!

It's hard work not luck or population that makes Califorina youth trials a success. Here we come again, catch us if you can!

Aussie trials riders? Unheard of in these parts. :lol::)

I'm not saying the cali team doesn't work hard, its just an undeniable advantage that your state is like 20 times the size of my state(making up the numbers I know) and is bound to have more trials riders in it. I liked the club championship.

Anyways, can't wait to see all of you in TN this year, its gonna be fun as always! :)

Dman, not to be combative but 75% of the students in the LA school district are Mexican and have no interest in trials at all. Never will!

Also it's a fact that the people in your state have the highest IQ and SAT scores in the nation. Armed with this information, you guys should really give us poor dumbed down Califorina riders a handicap headstart.

Now Texas, we won't Mess with that!

My only comment is without the Mizels, you guys would have no kid trials riders at all. They are a one couple producing trials team machine. You guys in Texas had better hope they don't move to Arizona or OK.

The other Texas kids are on Yamaha powered Blue colored Frenchie bikes! :lol: I worry that being on a French Poodle bike will damage their selfesteem, we have been talking about doing an intervention with some of these kids at this years youth national, before it's too late.

When did I say we were smarter?

Its pointless to argue this, no one will change it anyways. I'm just sayin that it is a rather pointless "championship".

Edited by Dman

Dman:

The only thing that is pointless is you getting into a war of words with Mich! You kind of contradict yourself when you said how great it is to be getting the kids involved and getting more people riding. I personally think that the Trial de State is an interesting spin on the Trial Des Nation format for the kids.

Another healthy competition creating rivalry's between states (and countries) is ALL GOOD! It only benefits the kids competing AND the sport itself! Pointless, I don't think so.

Cheers, Steve

Mich Lin Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Dman, not to be combative but 75% of the students in the LA school district are Mexican and have no interest in trials at all. Never will!

Are you implying that because one is of Mexican heritage that they would not ever have an interest in our fine multiculteral sport.

No I thought it was interesting how the NETA kids fund is so similiar to the California kids program.(well sort of, but same goals)

It is great to get more people into it, where do I say that I don't agree with that?

I may be wrong, but I don't see many people building youth teams to win the trial de state nor do people make a big deal about it when they say they are going to the youth nationals. It wasn't there originally and was just added on as another feature, imo, to add to the atmosphere of the event. Kids really shouldn't be concerned at a young age with winning a trial de state, its more about the personal experience and building a good base to continue trials into adulthood. That's what it should really be about.

Its just killing me to not bring up the advantages held by certain states and how that affects how legit the "championship" is, but there it is out in the open... :lol:

I enjoyed the youth nationals when I rode them, I thought it was a bit too much pressure sometimes(brings out the soccer mom/hockey dad syndromes lol), but I guess you learn to deal with it, and overall its a great experience. Plus where else do you get to spend 2 weeks ridin trials, swimmin, campin, be on vacation, hang out with friends, and just cause trouble? :):)

Edited by Dman

Interesting take on the Youth Nationals Dman! Pressure, it builds diamonds out of coal. The single thing lacking to create another Bernie, Jesse Owens, Mark Spits, Peekaboo Street, Jorden or Tiger Woods in USA Trials.

True, not everyone will be in the Superbowl, Worldcup or Olympics but somebody has to rise to the top. While others drop by the wayside and watch while thinking I played in the game with that person of TV.

It's really how life works, we can't shelter our kids from the real world forever. We simply must prepare them the best we can for the hard knocks coming, and dealing with pressure is perhaps the most important lifeskill needed to survive today. If they cannot survive the youth nationals how will they get through a really tough spot in life?

Steve again you and I are on the same page, you were Champion of Canada and me the USA so we have that common background and life experince. We also share the belief that North American trials needs growth and needs to impact the world championship again.

Two views of sport and life, Dman's, then us. That's OK, it natural. Sport and life takes all kinds. :lol:

Zippy, I believe that the Mexican immigrants are more concerned with building a new life and earning a living than winning trials championships that pay nothing.

This brings up an important point. What value does the 45 year old NATC national championship have or any other age or class championship in the NATC series? None other than to the individuals contesting that class. They find some personal satisfaction in it, which is enough reward in itself. If they can afford the cost of travel and time.

Mexican immigrants live on a more practical level, escaping a corrupt and bankrupt country. Then building a new and better life in America! I don't mind them moving to the USA as long as they don't bring Mexico with them, the very life and place they have come to the USA to escape.

I'm upset and offended when they bring Mexico with them! They are forcing that corrupt and bankrupt society on US here in the USA. When they become Americans, they need to learn English, blend into and adopt our culture,then I think it's great. But turning the USA into Mexico, that stinks.

Mich,

your original post stated Mexican in general there were no mention of immigrants. I took offense that a group would be excluded based on skin color and/or ancestry.

As far as opinions and political points about immigration this is not the forum for that, this is about observed trials.

As far as opinions and political points about immigration this is not the forum for that, this is about observed trials.

Here I was, thinking that the beave was on his way to recovery with a semi decent post for once.

The stuff about the kids IS ALL GOOD and they are amazing. These kids have come up in the last couple of years to completely destroy the adult competition.

[don't you little punks get a big heads because you still don't know how to really 'ringo' a motorcycle and walk away with a smile :lol: ]

Of course the beave's medication wore off and he went on some tangent about chile rellenos.

Of course the beave's medication wore off and he went on some tangent about chile rellenos.

Oh, I love chili rellenos.

(green chili pod stuffed with cheddar cheese, dipped in batter and deep fried)

Can't get them here in Texas.

Closest place is in New Mexico. Best ones are here. Chili Rellenos

Happy eating!