Clutch Slides On 05 Txt280

Hi

My TXT280 has started to slide in the clutch, it is especially when I go i 4,5 or 6 gear. I have only ridden it for something like 40 hours, so it seems very wird to me. I dont think it is the friction plates, to few hours!

I have changed oil for every 15-20 hours

Any ideers what is wrong?

Thomas

Edited by Thomas_trial

:thumbup: Is your clutch adjusted properly???? No free play can ruin your day!

This is my first bike with hydraulic clutch and I havn't made any adjustment so fare. So maybe it could be freeplay.

Is the adjustment done at the handle, like with the old wire clutch?

Yes it is, you need a 10mm spanner and a 3 mm allen i think. Aim for about 1.5-2 cm free play at tip of lever before pressure is felt. Make sure, if you have the light switch fitted, that crank bit of lever is not getting stuck behind platic switch body. Ride about with spanners and keep adjusting it until its how you prefere it. Should only need a few turns out if everything is OK.

I will try that to night

If this dosn't fix it I will take the clucth apart and have a look at the friction plates.

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Thomas

Ps I use transmission oil.

Edited by Thomas_trial

My o4 280 pro after riding for a while I have noticed that the clutch lever will need to be adjusted. I am not sure if there is air in the line or what. yesterday i completed my first loop with no trouble,and then half way through my second it slipped a bit, and I had to adjust it. I was fine for the rest of the day after the adjustment.