Why Do You Ride

alan bechard

Brian, don't fret, it really gets easier the older you get!

Look at Jerry Young's scores in the Nationals sometime! He may be my HERO!

For now, I feel much better after giving up any hope of being able to stay up with some of the older guys!

:P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got hooked on riding because of my Dad, as far back as I can remember he rode trials. My first bike was a TY80. I continued riding through my teenage years and through my military years. (actually had to assemble my bike in my barracks room and ride it down the stairs once). I keep riding because it's a great sport with some really great people and I found when your hooked, it's in your blood. I'm also happy to say that I now have another generation coming, my 5 year old stepson has the trials bug now and I have a 5 month old, who just looks like he wants to ride :D . The best way I have seen our club, here in Wyoming, grow is people dragging their friends out. It usually only takes someone to ride once and they are hooked.

Brian Martinson

God Brian I started rolling when I read that.

I PCS'd to Germany and brought along my "Sofa", what some may call a Yamaha TY 350 in my 1000 lb allowance of hold baggage.

Get to Germany and my hold baggage shows up in a big wooden box. The German movers read it, and I live on the 4th floor attic and say they must put the "sofa" in place before opening the box.......

So after arguing unsuccsesfully to get them to open on the ground I sit back and say this should be interesting to watch.... :D

So these guys carry up this box that weighed about 900 lbs up to my room and then took off the sides, I peeled the cardboard from around my "sofa" and they went :D:o

About three kicks and down the steps I drove.... Did not think about draining gas and such at that point....

That was the start of a lot of fun times riding trials in Germany with the translator dictionary and speaking redneck pigden German....