October 2Oct 2 Author I'm planning to adapt this wheel to an AJP hub or mount the rim on the original hub to convert it to tubeless, like on the factory bike. The hardest part will be finding spokes at an affordable price. Alternatively, I could laser-clean the spokes and repaint them with Sprido epoxy. we'll see.
1 hour ago1 hr Author I have a few parts... I chose a polished AJP hub, GasGas type (for the inner diameter of the sprocket). Other advantages compared to the red Montesa 311 AJP hub: - both bearings are 6004 2RS - the center spacer is aluminum. This is simpler and lighter. I stripped the spokes to repaint them with 1K satin gray epoxy. Great! Final result: A clean wheel, lighter than the original, and tubeless! Now I just need to finalize the assembly on the Aprilia. Outer spacers and hardware. I still have a few ideas to get even more enjoyment out of this motorcycle. Edited 16 minutes ago16 min by ahell
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.