De-wiring A 315r.

zanx

So so much a question, more a confirmation. I've just pulled off all the switchgear and lighting loom from my 315, now I just need to check with someone in the know that the fan circuit is separate from all this. I know I've lost the kill switch for now, no big shakes but losing the fan would be unpleasant to say the least.

Ta :D

Looking at the destruction manual there are 2 wiring diagrams, the fan circuit is the same for both, other than wire colours.

There is a mini 2 wire connector shown form the reg/rec unit (Black & Green) that is back to back hardwired to another 2 wire mini connector, blue and green wires also lead off from this pair of connectors to the lighting circuit.

When the lighting circuit is removed, the two sections of the mini connectors that remain on the bike need to be clipped together.

The kill switch goes on the two single connectors with green & black with white stripe wires.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know and i'll scan the relevant bit when I wake up and find the scanner :D:D

Edited by BillR

Looking at the destruction manual there are 2 wiring diagrams, the fan circuit is the same for both, other than wire colours.

There is a mini 2 wire connector shown form the reg/rec unit (Black & Green) that is back to back hardwired to another 2 wire mini connector, blue and green wires also lead off from this pair of connectors to the lighting circuit.

When the lighting circuit is removed, the two sections of the mini connectors that  remain on the bike need to be clipped together.

The kill switch goes on the two single connectors with green & black with white stripe wires.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know and i'll scan the relevant bit when I wake up and find the scanner :D  :o

Makes perfect sense. Why do the 2 mini connectors need clipping together? Do they just go together or do I have to creatively engineer a solution? :D

The kill switch wires are the bullet connectors with the rubber insulators right?

Why do the 2 mini connectors need clipping together? 

Do they just go together or do I have to creatively engineer a solution? :D

They need clipping together to bring the fan back into the circuit, see image, connectors A and B. As can be seen they will clip to each other.

315r.gif

The kill switch wires are the bullet connectors with the rubber insulators right?

Soounds right, I would have a look on mine, but its gone for a couple of weeks holiday in Weston-S-M. :D

All done :D

Just a word to anyone else who might be doing this, it's easy to tuck wires away where they will foul the cooling fan, it's worth doing a tidy job with cable ties.

Found that the upper rad mount had broken away from the frame, no big deal I hope.