Gas Gas Tx200 Gear Selector Spring Help

honda pants

The gear lever just moves up and down without selecting any gears when i took the clutch cover off a flat plate and a round spigot and a spring fell out it doesn't appear that the spring is broken any help would be great pics or advice thanks :D

I don't have a manual, but have a partslist for 2000 GG200.

I will try and have a page scanned and send to you.

It is pretty straight forward and typical motorcycle shifter though. shifter shaft has a plate welded on the end of the shaft. Long bar with the notche or 'hooks' pivots about a rivet at outer end of the plate welded to the shaft. The notched part the hooks, sits on top of the shifter drum dowel pins. An extension spring pulls the long bar down against the shifter drum dowel pins.

my description is hopeless I will see if can get some parts scanned.

or, go to RYP site and look at the sherco parts dwg. never worked on sherco, but I would think the concept is the same.

kcj

:D Hi, sometimes the rivet that holds the selector "claw" onto the shaft drops off on this model, you can buy the rivet on it own...if its this,

and ive had the claw break in the past, also can be bought,

or you can fire a new complete shaft in...

my offer of help is no good-I have a 97 270 parts list, not a 200. and the view is so small it doesn't help. parts are shown exploded view, not how it shuld work.

if you have worked on any japanese stuff it's functionally the same.

sorry

kcj

Thanks for all the advice Keep it coming i know someone on the TC site will come up with the goods maybe after the SSDT has finished and everyone is back home thanks again :D

Edited by honda pants

:wall: Hi, sometimes the rivet that holds the selector "claw" onto the shaft drops off on this model, you can buy the rivet on it own...if its this,

and ive had the claw break in the past, also can be bought,

or you can fire a new complete shaft in...