Fork Oil Type For 2002 315

donmurray

Hi Don

Here is a little link I found quite enlightening;

http://www.trials.com.au/techtips/oil1.html

I always like to back up (mostly) anything I say with a little bit of evidence.

Can't see ATF in the suspension part but it makes a bit of a mockery of someone else's post regarding ATF-WD40. Everyone knows I only use WD40 as a mixer for rum!!

The best result we have had is by mixing Bel-Ray 5w and 10w (in equal measure), go figure!! Even RapidRoy noticed/commented how plush the forks were! and they weren't even on my bike. I have to qualify this by stating RapidRoy has bother detecting daylight on most occasions, sometimes even with his eyes open!!!!!!!

Try not to listen to too much of the hearsay, suck it and see, what works for some might not for others!!

I stand over my use of ATF in the gearbox having tried ALL of the other oils listed in previous posts. The guy I sold my GasGas to reckoned he knew better and replaced it with a proprietary gearbox oil, guess what, there's ATF in the box again, and it is even red to match the bike, if you look throught the window you can see it. It is all very well for semi-works riders to pontificate on what works best when someone else is picking up the tab.

Thank you and good night.

I hope this is of some use.

The Alchie (hic hic)