Ssdt Friday

Andy

Friday from a spectators point of view is, in my opinion, the best day of the SSDT. It's a "must-do" in my book. The majority of sections are pretty close to the road and you get the awesome drive round Moidart where the views are absolutely stunning. Meandering round this year, I stopped off and took some shots I've stitched together to give some idea of what it's like out there. It doesn't really do it justice, but if you've never been, take a look at this panorama. (1.3MB so dial-up users beware).

Friday was cracking weather - which nobody expected after the totally amazing thunderstorm we had on Thursday night. It was one of the most spectacular I've ever seen.

Did you have time for a pint in the pub aswell?

We were in the West End Hotel watching the windows shake...

....It was just as much fun in Glen Nevis as well, spoken to work, the lightning lasted for over six and a half hours(in an area with a 50KM radius of the Fort), 2 inches of rain recorded at Aonach Mor, Cracking night.Got grief for going outside with my camera :D ...again :D

I HOPE YOU WERE PARKED WELL OFF THE ROAD WHEN YOU TOOK THE PHOTO ANDY THE BOBBIES WERE VERY KEEN THAT ALL FOUR WHEELS WERE NOT ON THE ROAD , ALTHOUGH TO GIVE THEM THERE DUES THE NEXT DAY AT MAMORE THEY HAD THIER JACKETS OFF AND WERE SUNBATHING BY THE SIDE OF THE SECTION

I HOPE YOU WERE PARKED WELL OFF THE ROAD WHEN YOU TOOK THE PHOTO ANDY THE BOBBIES WERE VERY KEEN THAT ALL FOUR WHEELS WERE NOT ON THE ROAD , ALTHOUGH TO GIVE THEM THERE DUES THE NEXT DAY AT MAMORE THEY HAD THIER JACKETS OFF AND WERE SUNBATHING BY THE SIDE OF THE SECTION

I was in a layby and totally agree with all four wheels off the road. I've seen some real dumb parking in my time up there! :D

I was in a layby and totally agree with all four wheels off the road. I've seen some real dumb parking in my time up there! :D

Thought the boys in Blue did a great job last week, they jumped on the clowns really quickly. :D