Beta Or Sherco 50cc?

bubba

I've taken your advice Alan and banned myself and my wife from riding the wee fella's Beta.

The helmet arrived mid week and he got his first attempt at riding.

This was done in my back garden (yard), which isn't that big.

The riding session, basically consisted of him working the throttle and me running alongside holding him upright and keeping my thumb over the engine kill button, which was used on more than one occasion as he went from tick over to full throttle for his own entertainment!(He's too wobbly on it at present, as he keeps looking directly at the front wheel instead of where he's going, he was the same on his bicyle)

Although my son has been asking for a bike for a while, he has never liked being around my bikes,(Gas Gas and Harley Davidson)whilst the engines are running. He would cover his ears and shout for me to turn them off.

So I was a bit worried that he'd be the same with the Beta. Turns out it didn't phase him in the slightest.

After his first shot, even though it was only round the garden,(3 million times),I hoped that he'd enjoy it and ask for another session, which he did, although he asked to do some stunts! He even had the cheek to ask me "why are you sweating so much Dad"

As I've recently changed my car, I've just ordered a new tow bar so as we can transport the bikes to a more suitable area and get him to actually ride the bike unaided.

Happy times ahead!

Bubba

When I am working with very young kids, I tend to play a lot of

"come to me" Where I walk a couple steps forward (not far at first, like 5') and then say....

After that I had some paddles, Red light, green light.

Get them used to starting and stopping and working the controls.

Always had a lot more problems getting the boys to learn throttle control then the girls.

Good luck, it can be some really fun times.