Softening The Power.

cota kid

Here's my experience of the same:

I've tried the slow throttle and retarded the ignition a touch (they both proved to calm things down ). My bike 290-03 is still snappy in the cold weather, so I think that points to carburation, has anyone got any info?

Thank you please, jamon !

Some say that the Kehin carb is smoother and more controllable off the bottom yet provides more power on the top end.

I have found that setting the timing to 2.0-2.5mm BTC smooths things out and makes it less prone to kickback and stalling. Setting the new ignition requires a bit of skill, some special tools like a timing light.

A smart fellow that has the time(and nothing better to do) to figure it out needs to convert mmBTC to degrees of rotation(hello Wayne T.).

My measurements (although not neccessarily accurate) reveal that the bikes do not run properly with timing reduced below about 1.75mm BTC and what this relates to in degrees of angle on the new ignition system I do not know as there is no timing pin hole and the timing light is the only way I know of for setting. It gets more critical the closer you get to TDC.

MC

• 2 weeks later...

:D I rode in a trial today for the first time after fitting a slow action throttle and its like riding a different bike. I can't get over how much better it is. Didn't pull my arms out, no problems with grip, in fact its the best I've rode for a long time.

I'm very, very impressed. :)

CK