Bike Died - No Spark

dasher

I have Beta Rev3 270cc 2005.

Bike died on me today and I have no spark. disconnected Cut-off switch - still no joy. Can anyone please advise on how to test to locate the fault. i.e. Can I test anything before the coil to isolate the problem area?

Thanks in advance

Daz

I had the same problem on a Beta 200 i was told it would be the stator, so my local dealer got me one to put on my bike, this did not work and i still had no spark, my dealer took the stator back and he spoke to Lampkins and they said try the CDI ignition unit, this was

Have you tried the little things cuch as the HT lead and the spark plug, also some plugs are difficult to notice a spark on them. Check the connections on the coil aswell.

That is a stator, although i think youre will have four coils rather than six. The six coil stators were used until 2002 and are now only used on the 200s.

The stator costs around

If it is the stator, it might be worth asking Lampkins if they can change it for free as this is a very common fault with Rev3's.

I was lucky, my bike was just out of warranty but Lampkins sent my dealer a new one for free.

This subsequently lasted only four trials and also failed, which of course they replaced for free a second time.

By then I had decided to give up on Beta electrics and bought a Scorpa.

Hi all,

Spoke with JLI this morning. They reckon it is likely to be stator (apparently totally different problem from what the 2000 model had).

JLI are not sure at the moment IF I should get this part F.O.C. at the moment as I am not 1st owner. They are also lending me tool for Flywheel!

Anyway - I will update tomorrow to let you know if problem is solved.

Thanks all for your responses.

It's Alive!

Replaced the Stator and I have Spark.

Not started it yet - as I need to get Garage to Torque (14 kgm - seems a lot)the Flywheel nut for me.

But I am happy bunny again!

Thanks all for assistance.

Dasher

P.S. JLI have been extremely helpful with telephone support.