Yet More Carb Woes....

rocketron

Hi y'all,me again with my 06 Scorpa which had it's carb woes and cuttin out etc... Well,That seems to have been a premix problem and since going back to 80:1 all has been whoop di do.Until recently.. :D

Ok,here we go....

The bike fires up on second kick,turn the choke off real quick (else it will die) and get it on the throttle.Really boggy for about ten minutes or a good open throttle rev and then she's clean. :D

What I notice is that at low revs or blipping I can hear the carb pullin air,you know like if there was no air filter in,an induction noise.Also the bike has got lousy throttle response.The stuff I used to ride in 2nd gear now requires 1st gear to get the instant response.Mid range,top end power is all perfect.

Also,that horrible rubber manifold between carb and airbox is almost squeezed flat.Have tried twisting it round etc.. but it is definitely kinked.There is no way to move the airbox back so I'm at a loss there as to if it's normal or not to have a slightly squished carb manifold.

My 02 Scorpa didnt suffer any of these problems,was responsive,the manifold didnt seem to be so tight fitting and I dont recall it sucking air when I was on 1/4 throttle.

Oh,another thing,mixture screw,am runnin about 1 and 3/4 turns out although it doesnt seem that critical.And I havent got too much oil on the air filter! :D

Could it be reed valves? Crankcase losing pressure?

Any ideas before I fire it back to the dealer? I've done all i can and I am stumped. :wacko:

Thanks,will really appreciate some help on this

Ron

Morning, a friend of mine has the same bike and suffered a similar problem. When all came to all it was the fuel tank breather pipe that had become blocked, thus causing a vacume effect in the tank so not enough fuel was being released to feed the carb on demand. It would obviously grab all the air it required when the slide was lifted but it was not getting the correct amount of fuel !! It may just be worth a look !!

regards

Howard

The bike fires up on second kick,turn the choke off real quick (else it will die) and get it on the throttle.Really boggy for about ten minutes or a good open throttle rev and then she's clean.

Mentioning the bike firing up on the choke, it is exactly the same on mine. I tend to start it and turn the tick over screw up slightly just so it will run comfortably by itself and dont touch it until the fan kicks in. It will be fine then.

it would be surprizing if its losing presure in the crankcase. it will be a problem with that inlet rubber. :D

Thanks all,

It definitely isnt the tank breather.That inlet rubber is badly kinked but I can see no way to avoid it! Are your's all similar or are they a nice cone shape? I did have the carb off due to my earlier "woes" but am sure I have it pushed as far home as I can.I did locate it into the groove on the reed valve manifold,at least I think it did!Will check.....