A First

perce

Something my present bike done recently (and I know of one other that has done it too) was after sitting (we talk endless bouts of *****) for approx 20 mins when started it would idle but ran really rough when revved, almost like it was off a cylinder, a complete B*****ks on a single cylinder motor you will agree. It only done this for about 30sec or so but done it twice that day never to repeat it again (yet). Has anyone had similar or any ideas?? Fouled plug or dirty fuel?? same fuel used on previous fill and twice subsquently! and the plug hasn't been changed either!!

Yup I've had this, was sitting in a big queue on a cold day, fired it up and started blipping the throttle straight away. Immediately ran like a bag of spanners. Stopped it and then started again and then allowed it to idle for the manual's recommended 2 minutes!! ECU needed to reset itself as the engine had just got cold.

I would guess the talking sh*te was actually more than 20 minutes and a cold engine resulted!!! :D

Also i've bump started before, no problem, though engine was hot at the time, never tried it from cold........

Hi stuhrc,

I would concede one of the times it ran rough it could have been more than 20min (not much though). But the second time it done it the fan was running so it wasn't cold, didn't think to check the first time...DUH!!

It hasn't done it during the last three outings so I am hoping it was just a blip, maybe a drop of water in the fuel???. Forgot to mention, lots of black smoke the first time it done it too!!! never imparts a feeling of well being in my experience!!!!

I was going by a little hearsay regarding the bumpstarting, looks like I was misinformed. The day my current bike wouldn't start I tried bumping it down our hill some 40 yards or so and I didn't get a peep out of it, had to push the Bas@#*d back up though!! If it hadn't cost so much I would have been sorely tempted to throw it in the hedge and do a dance on it, or ride the frigger flat out (in 1st) for about 7 miles had it started, just to teach it a lesson you understand.