Cairo - Anybody Been?

Andy

Mind how you go is about right from my point of view as well Andy.

However, I must say, for shear FEAR factor, or adreneline rush, Cairo Cab ride has to be right up near the top. I have heard Korea is better but have not tested the comparison.

Midnight bus to Sharm El Sheik (Sinai) for some excellent Scuba time

Midnight bus to Sharm El Sheik (Sinai) for some excellent Scuba time

At the risk of sounding like a negative pussy ..Sharm El Sheik is a very soft target for the terrorists,it has a poor security record.

I think the most recent attack on westerners there involved a 'left luggage' type bomb... not even a suicide bomber required.

I think I'll sign off now..I'm depressing myself :thumbup:

Probably right, sitting here thinking and I was there in 85,,,,,, been a little bit. Most folks tended to keep their distance from the group I ran around with there.

The diving is great though. Rated by Jaques Cousteau (sp) as the second best dive spot in the world at one point.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the trip was slightly changed and I'm currently sat in a hotel in.... Kuwait :D Temperature was 46C when I got here - at 6:30 last night. God knows how the troops working just across the border in Iraq put up with those kind of temperatures especially in body armour etc. Went for a little wander round the compound (yes, security is that tight) about 10pm last night and even then the wall of heat that hits you as you step outside is unbearable.

Upside - air conditioning and free broadband :D

Downside - It's a dry country. No beer :D

On to Cairo tomorrow. They have beer there :beer::P:D:P