Fta Fun In The Sun 2-day

trialsurfer

For the 26th year we will be hosting the annual Fun in the Sun 2-day at Hardrock Cycle park in Ocala on March 3rd and 4th. The event will be held in Sunshine as always and there will be 8 fun and challenging sections with Beginner,Novice, Intermediate, Sportsman, Advanced, Expert and Champ lines. Also in conjunction with this it will be part of the Southeastern Regional Series with points awarded for that competition.

We hope you will come and join us for this fun event and also use it as an excuse for a vacation either ar Bike Week and the Supercross the next Friday night or to the other Family attractions! <_<

For information consult these sites and for Camping reservations contact Hard Rock.

http://www.ftafl.net/calendar.htm

http://www.hardrockmx.com/

Edited by trialsurfer

Barry,

I tried to reserve a campsite at Hard Rock this morning. They asked me if I knew how to get in touch with you. I told them I would try to email or post. They are hosting the AHRMA races on the 3rd and 4th. Anyway they really wanted to talk to you.

Thanks

Paul

So if someone were to ride the AHRMA trials and the 2-day, then it would be a three day trialsfest. That sounds great I do wish I could go. OK enough whining from me. :banana2:

Edited by ZIPPY

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to the owner yesterday after setting up sections for our event on Feb. 4th and Glenn said that He won't have any electrical hookups for the FIS due to an oops with his electrical system. He will have plenty of camping and parking for us, but if you need hookup's follow this link for area campgrounds.

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&...L&oi=localr

Barry

Edited by trialsurfer

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The entry fee for the event is $30 for adults and $15 for Age 16 and under ($5 of that is going to the TDN fund), there is a $10 gate fee also for the use of the park each day. You must have an active AMA membership as well. If your's has expired, we can take care of it at the event, but AMA has made it so easy to use their site for both new memberships as well as renewals. T-shirts for the event will be $15.

Sign-up will begin on Friday afternoon around 2:30 at the Florin's camper, on Saturday and Sunday it will begin at 8:30 to 9:45, with the Riders Meeting to follow. We will be having a staggered start time as follows: Beginner and Novice will start at 10:00. Intermediate at 10:10, Sportsman at 10:20, Advanced, Expert, and Champ at 10:30, with a 3:30 cut off time. Depending upon the number of entries, we may decide to start the classes on different sections to prevent bottlenecks. Awards will follow as soon as all scores have been tallied. Please remember, if a rider in unable to finish, it is still important to turn in the scorecard with DNF written across it so we are not waiting for that person to come in, or even worse, be out in the woods looking for somebody who we think may be lost.

We are looking forward to a great event. See you soon. :hyper:

Barry and Jean

Edited by trialsurfer