Beta Techno 250

mally70

Hello, I`ve recently bought a beta techno 250 and it`s my first trial bike (i`ve always had motor x) so the first thing i`d like to no is where can i buy a service manual for it as i think the front suspension is too soft and leaking, (need to strip them down and fix this problem :D ) And also can anyone tell me if it`s normal for te bike too sound a bit spluttery in 1st and 2nd gear :D as am into motor cross where when you twist you go :beer: . Thank you

Welcome Mally70.

There's not really a service manual available for the Techno.

I have the owners manual scanned it, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

As for running rough, that doesn't sound right but I'm not sure what to suggest.

Someone else should be able to offer some pointers.

Hope I can help a bit. Before you disect the forks, try cleaning the seals first,mine were leaky when I first bought my Techno.

Bought a nifty cheap little tool called a sealsaver or some 35mm film will work as well. Gently tap up on the dust cover to expose the seal,dust it down with wd-40,insert the tool and with compressed air blow around the tube as you follow with the tool to remove any debris,repeat a few times with another dose of wd and your done.Tap the dust cover's back in place,change the oil,360cc of 5wt. in each tube. Back off all the preload and pump a few times,remove the pre-load cap to release any air (if any) and re-tighten and turn the pre-load 4-6 clicks for rebound. If it still seems to mushy,remove the left cap (spring side) either repace the spring or use a bit longer spacer,replace the cap and turn clockwise for desired load.

As to the sputtering,that could be a number of minor thing's,crappy plug,too rich fuel,float ajustment,dirty carb and airbox/filter ect.

You must remember,,you have entered the realm Trials! Forget everything you know about moto-x. :beer: