2002 Rev 3 250

stuessenhigh

;) I've been looking at a Rev 3 2002 that is for sale...but it has a considerably noisy clutch...(goes quite when you pull the clutch lever in)..Has anyone any advice about this??,,,Is it a big problem..i.e. needing a new clutch, or just slightly worn plates??......Although there is this noise, the clutch still seems to operate properly.

Thanks for any info!!!

What type of noise are we talking? Betas tend to have a wine that others dont in genral operation. Is the clutch chattering? Is this all the time or when it is being slipped to pick up some revs?

I am on my 5th rev and clutch problems are just never an issue. I personally believe the beta has the best factory clutch on the market, they just never give up. I broke the breather for the clutch case on my 03 and got quite a bit of water inside but did not notice until I got home and changed the oil. Thats how good the clutch works. This happened during a very wet trial and competing in the expert class. I was slipping the clutch constantly during the trial and never noticed.

Change the fluid, look it over, if things look bad pop the case cover, its no big deal. It will cost a gasket. Pop the clutch out and have a look at the plates and basket. Pay close attention to the inner most plate for extreme wear. If the clutch is chattering a lot have a close look at the teeth on the basket wear the clutch plates engage the basket, They should be smooth on the mating surfaces.

If you could give a little better description of the noise and when it makes it that might help someone identify the problem better or maybe just a good clean up will help with a oil change afterwards.

Good Luck,

Aaron