Tecno Carb Settings

actionpact

Hi, I have just bought a 99 Beta Techno, from cold with the choke on it starts no problem...if I turn the choke off once running the bike will not run, opening the throttle sems to just bog it right down. It also has idling issues, and once warm it can be a real pain to start (choke on or off). So I guess the carb settings are way out??...can anyone give me the factory settings for the carb I can use as a starting piont? Or suggest what else the problem could be?

Thanks

Sounds like a well dirty carb that, could be dodgy fuel in the system as well if it has been stood for a while. Is it likely the previous owner re jetted the bike or messed the carb settings up???? I would drain the fuel tank and wash out, stick a new air filter in and clean the air box,check for any splits or holes in the boot and give the carb a really good clean out with an air line and carb cleaner.

Sounds like a well dirty carb that, could be dodgy fuel in the system as well if it has been stood for a while. Is it likely the previous owner re jetted the bike or messed the carb settings up???? I would drain the fuel tank and wash out, stick a new air filter in and clean the air box,check for any splits or holes in the boot and give the carb a really good clean out with an air line and carb cleaner.

Thanks for the reply, I have done the airfilter and cleaned the airbox out, so I will do the carb now, what is the correct jet size (or standard jet size) so I can check that while its in peices!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you got on OK with ur Carb problem.

I've got a 1999 Techno and it did take a while to sort things out. it was a bit of a pain.

As you'll see on Trials Central the Mikuni carb has a few issues!

Can't help with any factory settings re the Carb, but if ur still having problems, let me know, and i can run thru what i had to check on my Carb.

All the best..... :thumbup: