Fitting Leonelli Ignition System To 97 Beta Techno

brucey

Carrying on with what seems like an endless saga, I bit the bullit and purchased a complete Leonelli Ignition System for my Sons Beta Techno. Although it seems to phyisically fit, there are no instructions! I will ring the suppliers again tomorrow (they told my Son it was very straight forward), but in the mean time, has anyone fitted one of these systems to a Techno?

I need to know the following:

1. I'm assuming the ally spacer goes behind the stator as this is the only way it fits! Is this right?

2. I've put the white (pulse?) coil at the 1 O'Clock position (looking at the stator) as this seemed to be near the mark on the flywheel at TDC. Is this right?

3 How are you meant to time it up statically? I've got a DTI showing TDC but have no idea what to do next!

4. What is the mark on the outside of the flywheel meant to line up with?

5. Did you have to cut down the rubber grommet to fit the plastic spacer ring?

6 Does the spare wire comming from the stator go to the fan/bridge rectifer (Beta yellow wire)?

7 Is the black/white wire comming from the CDI the cut out switch connector?

Static Timing is my biggest issue at the moment! I could probably work the rest out. Somehow I've got to align the stator with the flywheel at TDC. I can't see anything through the 2 flywheel 'holding' holes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce.