Registering Ty250

aardy

Hi folks I'm just in the process of trying to get my ty250 able to be used on the road. Now I know this may sound stupid but I just automaticaly assumed that the bike would have to be registered, Mot'd, insured etc but then I saw on the MOT website that your bike doesn't have to have number plate if it isn't registered. :www.MOTUK.co.uk This got me wondering does it really have to be registered. Mean it really isn't much different to a push bike and probably not as fast and they don't have to have all the legal dross. So can anyone shed any light.

Thanks

Stuart

I registered my Yam Ty by writing to Yamaha UK asking for a dating certificate so you can obtain the correct age related plate,

Yamaha Motor (UK) Limited, Customer Services Dept, Sopwith Drive, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0UZ.

I then insured the bike on the frame number through Carol Nash tel 0800-2985511 (they allow around 2 weeks before you have to provide them with the registered number).

Then obtained an MOT also on the frame number, filled in the V55 registration form from the Post Office and sent this off to my local DVLA office (addresses available from your Post Office or via the internet) along with the insurance, MOT, dating certificate and registration fee which including the excise licence was about