Good Vibrations......

wruffit

He chaps,

Fairly new to trials bikes, so this may be a stupid question....

Why does the 250 Rev 3 (06) vibrate so much when you really give it some revs?? Fine at low to mid, it's the top end that's the problem.

I ask because I've had a few 2 smoke motocross bikes and they seem to rev out without these level of vibrations.....

Likewise, is it normal for the engine to drop/return slowly to tickover, (I haven't fitted the fly wheel weight) it just seems to decelerate alot slower that I'm used to... on myCRF250X enduro bike and its kind of weird.

Maybe just need to get used to it.

Cheers

Andrew

There's little compression braking in a two stroke. In a four stroke the engine has two strokes where it's pumping air using only the stored energy of the flywheel inertia. On the two stroke the energy removed from the flywheel is stored by the compression of the mixture and released again on the power stroke so even if the engine doesn't fire the mixture to add energy to the system there is much less rotational energy absorbed by the act of moving air around. If you rode a four stroke trials bike you'd feel right at home.