6 replies to this topic

#1 louise

louise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hi

My husband and son are in the process of getting trials bikes. Can anybody let me know of any places in the north east where they can ride them to practice on. Can you suggest any clubs in the area too which have practice areas?

Thanks

Louise

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 slapshot 3

slapshot 3

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 3,285 posts
  • Bike:250 Beta
  • Club:Bon Accord, Stevenston & Dalmellington

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

Hi

My husband and son are in the process of getting trials bikes. Can anybody let me know of any places in the north east where they can ride them to practice on. Can you suggest any clubs in the area too which have practice areas?

Thanks

Louise

hi Louise, welcome to the TC Madness.
North East of where?? Scotland?? England?? Plenty of clubs around both but practice land can often be difficult

Edited by Slapshot 3, 23 October 2008 - 07:36 PM.

I keep telling people I'm in shape....round is a shape
Be schizophrenic, you'll never be alone.

You are the one who is blind and connot see the truth in the world. You live sheltered in a monastry of your hate, and cannot admire beauty and truth while I snort the cocaine of excellence and bang the hooker of awesomeness. - Wonderlance

#3 louise

louise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

Sorry England

#4 slapshot 3

slapshot 3

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 3,285 posts
  • Bike:250 Beta
  • Club:Bon Accord, Stevenston & Dalmellington

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Sorry England

I'm right up North East, hopefully some of the mob from round your way will help you out

Cheers
I keep telling people I'm in shape....round is a shape
Be schizophrenic, you'll never be alone.

You are the one who is blind and connot see the truth in the world. You live sheltered in a monastry of your hate, and cannot admire beauty and truth while I snort the cocaine of excellence and bang the hooker of awesomeness. - Wonderlance

#5 matty71

matty71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Bike:beta rev 3
  • Club:weardale & dmc

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

hi

thers a few places around,warden law near seaham is 7.00 for the day and is quite good for anyone or the other place is castleside quarry

its really quite hard now though to get places where i used to ride and people have been riding for years has just been shut down mainly because of people on pitbikes racing up and down farmers fields :unsure:

where abouts are you in the north east anyway?
'give it some rice'

#6 louise

louise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

We live in Darlington, so we have Durham, North Yorkshire, Cleveland on our doorstep. How easy is it to get into clubs in the area and can anyone recommend any. Tried emailing clubs but haven't had any response. How do we introduce youngsters into the sport if there is nowhere to practice??? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

#7 twistandnogo

twistandnogo

• Site Supporter
  • 27 posts
  • Bike:Beta,TYmono,GasGas
  • Club:1-Orange, 2-Fruit, 3-Mint (oh & Guisborough)

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Guisborough is not too far away and have their own practice area at Charltons. Great club, all members very friendly and helpful. Have a look at http://www.guisboroughdmc.co.uk. Just give them a ring and they will sort you out quickly.
You might also benefit from calling into White Bros. on Northgate and they will be able to give you details of Darlington dmc and also practicing at Dalton woods if still allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users