Road Registering A Bike

rev3chris

I think you'll need a certificate of newness...some proof of its origin else you will have to proove its roadworthness with all the hoops to jump through that entails. Maybe Importer can verify frame no and help you out. Best to ask atDVLA they will probably refer you to Vosa..deep joy civil servants tax collectors ...clip boards...good luck

Hi Chris, your bike is under 3 years old so no messing about with the lights as yet for the MOT. You just need to get hold of the Certificate of Newness as Chewy rightly said, from who ever you got it from or the Importer John Lampkin. Then insure it on the frame number and take the official cover note along with

and if they start going on about single vehicle approval (sva) or some other test - msva, i think - that they can do tell them its a trials bike as these and enduro bikes are specifically exempt from these test.

most local dvla offices are fine but you'll sometimes get one that gets a little confused.

if you got any questions just pm me as i've reg quite a few bike over the years and just did my new enduro bike last week