Clutch Lever - Suddenly Requires More Effort

francley40

Any suggestions, please.

Over the last few days the 'feel' at the clutch lever has changed and it now requires quite a bit more effort to pull the lever to the handlebar.

I'm wondering if this is likely to be the slave cylinder gaskets neeeding to be replaced or if the clutch pack needs replacing.

I did replace the clutch pack about 2 years ago and the bike hasn't been used a whole lot during that time. Maybe 30 trials-ish.

Any help gratefully received.

Any suggestions, please.

Over the last few days the 'feel' at the clutch lever has changed and it now requires quite a bit more effort to pull the lever to the handlebar.

I'm wondering if this is likely to be the slave cylinder gaskets neeeding to be replaced or if the clutch pack needs replacing.

I did replace the clutch pack about 2 years ago and the bike hasn't been used a whole lot during that time. Maybe 30 trials-ish.

Any help gratefully received.

Lower than standard finger height in the clutch can cause a harder pull, but you stated this was a recent change so I'm guessing it is more related

to something like the o-rings swelling in the servo cylinder. I'm assuming that the trans oil was changed at regular intervals. If you are going to

check the o-rings/seal in the servo cylinder, while you have the servo cylinder apart, you might consider flushing the system and converting to

DOT-5 (Silicone), which has better lubricity and will give a smoother clutch action.

Check the finger height first before taking anything else apart as that is the simple thing to start with and will eliminate that as a possible cause.

Jon