Golner Seat/tank unit for TLR200 - anyone have one?

newtotrials

I'm seriously considering ordering a Golner style seat/tank unit from Shedworks for my TLR200. The photos of the Golner units on the Shedworks site look very nice, but there are absolutely no photos of any of the units mounted on an actual motorcycle. This makes it a bit difficult to tell perspective on the width, height and the overall look on a bike.

If anyone has a Golner seat/tank on their bike and could post a picture of it I would greatly appreciate it. Also, how do you like the unit? Is is easy to mount? What about total weight savings over the stock seat and tank?

Also if anyone could recommend another style of seat tank unit for the TLR200 I would love to take a look at them.

Greatly appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thanks!

Why not ask Shedworks to mount one on their Tlr and take a picture, they ride Tlr's and I am sure could do it. :icon_salut:

Good suggestion... and I have now sent them a reply requesting a pic on a bike plus all of the info I asked in the first post in this thread. Would still like an independent opinion though... because... like... they are selling the stuff so of course they are going to say it is fabulous... call me a skeptic but I would really like to hear from someone who spent the money and can offer an objective opinion on the product.

Edited by NewtoTrials

Two questions you need to ask,

Can you get full lock without hitting the outer cover ?

and will the throttle cable pass by the inner alloy tank ,without fouling the frame under

the seat part ?

seem like normal requirements for a tank unit I know, but I can tell you people who have

had just these problems with the unit you are considering.

Thanks Mike! That is good info.

Honestly, I will not know the answer to either question until I get a unit shipped to Canada and try to put it on. These are actually the type of things I am concerned about. I'm not real keen on shelling out a ton of dough to get something that may or may not work.

I will ask those specific questions. The folks at Shedworks are sending me an email with step by step photos of a Golner unit installation which will hopefully help answer some of those issues.

I'm still hoping as well that someone with experience with the Golner seat/tank units for TLR200 will chime in and comment on how the units worked for them.

Two questions you need to ask,

Can you get full lock without hitting the outer cover ?

and will the throttle cable pass by the inner alloy tank ,without fouling the frame under

the seat part ?

seem like normal requirements for a tank unit I know, but I can tell you people who have

had just these problems with the unit you are considering.

Thanks very much for that link Jack. I copied all of the photos and am perusing them very closely. I actually have that site in my favorites, but had not been on recently and hence had not noticed that it had photos of the respective tanks/seat combos now that I am now trying to decide between.

I've purchased items from Paul before and he has always been extremely helpful. He has promised to mount a Golner unit his bike and take photos of the process so I can see how it attaches and how it looks once mounted.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Golner and Mitani units. I love the look and style of the Mitani but sourcing a red one at a reasonable price has thus far proved impossible.

I also have a 3rd option in that I have a Clarke aftermarket ATC70 fuel tank that I picked up cheap on Ebay. It's super light, mounts easily, is virtually indestructible and holds the right amount of fuel. From a competition standpoint it might be the best choice... but boy... is it ever ugly mounted on the bike...

Edited by NewtoTrials