47 replies to this topic

#46 motojunky

motojunky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Bike:Scorpa SY250

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

A local machine shop in Rolla MO buys VP110 in bulk and sells it for $8 per gal. When I lived in north east OK a NAPA auto parts store sold Sunoco 110 in sealed 5 gallon containers for $45 each. It sounds like you are getting gouged at those prices.

When did you last confirm these prices? As you are surely painfully aware, the cost of fuel has skyrocketed recently. I have checked several local retailers and the prices are consistently high. When I first bought SEF94 last year it was something like $9/gallon but was $16 at last check (March). I just bought another 5 gallons of C9 last week and it's still $12/gal for a 5 gallon drum.

#47 lankydoug

lankydoug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Bike:97 Beta Techno

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

When did you last confirm these prices? As you are surely painfully aware, the cost of fuel has skyrocketed recently. I have checked several local retailers and the prices are consistently high. When I first bought SEF94 last year it was something like $9/gallon but was $16 at last check (March). I just bought another 5 gallons of C9 last week and it's still $12/gal for a 5 gallon drum.

I bought 5 gallons 2 weeks ago for $40. I made it a point to ask about buying it in individual 5gal containers like I had in Oklahoma and the owner said he could only sell at $8 per gallon if he bought in bulk. I'm not sure but the size of his tank was either 500 or 1,000 gallon. I bring my 5 gallon can and he fills it for $40. I asked him about lower octane like 96 or 100 and he said it was more expensive because he couldn't get it in bulk. I hope this helps you get the same price somewhere near you... It sure does make the bike run sweet.

#48 sting32

sting32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Bike:2011 GG Raga 300 Pro
  • Club:AVTA (Wichita KS)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

The other problem (not just trials related) with Alcohol added gasoline, google the words "GAS PHASE SEPARATION" it will make you sick. what is worse is, they add 10% or more to fuel, government subsidizes them a bunch for doing it, Plus it doesnt save us 10% on the cost of gas, plus that gas has 10% of the energy removed now, (as in miles per gallon a car will get on that tank of fuel)... It just gets worse and worse... Azz Usuall
Kansas, Sr Expert. Current bikes: 10 Raga 300 (sons)
2011 Raga 300 (mine)
2012 Raga 300 (dads).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users