Throttle Control - Is It Just More Practice ?

Another thing that helps me is to have someone video you riding different obstacles

I find that what I think I'm doing and what I am actually doing are somewhat different and I can compare my body position to others

And ask better riders to coach you, the beauty of trials is people gather at a section and watch each other, make use of it

But most of all, practice about 20 minutes at a time and practice one or two things, no one can learn it all

hi there I had the same problem years ago after updating to a modern mono bike with a fast throttle practice as i did it didnt get better until a wise old man gave me the advice to ride always covering the clutch with one finger (which I already did ) but also the same with the front brake this he said will give a stable point of referance and smooth out your inputs and stop unwanted inputs whilst riding obstacles worked wonders for me and I still ride like this now hope it helps and hope you get the jist of what Iam saying

• 3 weeks later...

I used to ride with a guy who was about decent novice rider who really struggled with throttle control.

He had his throttle tube and grip cut down by about 1/2 with a couple inches of handlebar sticking out the end.

It really helped him to be able to grip the bar and the throttle at the same time.

I tried it and was surprised that it wasn't a problem for me at all to ride this way.

I'd never seen this before (or since), but I've often wondered if it's a useable thing for others.