Are Any Us Trials Done As They Were Done 40 Years Ago

yellow_cad

I have to agee with OTF. I'm not a good rider, but I can stop in a section, I think that the idea of TS trial ( at least for me ) is riding the old machine the old fashion way, it's an equaliser, and at the end of the day, there is more smiles.

Guy

• Like 2

Surely a 5 should be given when all further forwards motion is not possible, you have either stalled or fallen off OR you move backwards !

True the sections should be laid out so that there is no advantage to hop and bop but stopping with your foot down while you compose yourself for the next hazard is a five simple as that.

Sorry I forgot the foot down stop as I did not see anybody do that in the above video.

I consider that a cheating manoeuvre which should receive a 5 every time.

• 2 months later...

Well since I wasn't there doing trials 40 years ago I can't say but if you want "No-Stop" vintage trials sections then come to the Atlanta Mortorcycle Club AHRMA trials on Feb 22nd at Aonia Motorsports Park in Aonia GA. We have classes for everybody including kids. While this is a twin shock event, nobody will be turned away (including Moderns). If you pay you will play (and have fun!) Registration starts at 0800 with the riders meeting at 0830. Trials starts promptly at 0845. Eight sections in the woods of Georgia will follow.

http://atlantamc.com/

Be there or be square!

Questions?

Bill Gould

404-791 0704

Edited by sempergumby