My Sons Custom 12.5

Nice job, looks cool .

I was wandering what type of battery you run on the bike. I'm intend to buy a LiFePo4 bicycle battery for my son's 16" 36v Oset.

If selecting a lifepo4 e-bike battery for these bikes then you need to make sure that the battery can supply the required current and that the built in bms ( on most e-bike batterys ) can also deliver the current without shutting the battery down.

I'm really not the best person to ask about batteries. This is my first experiance with electric bikes period. Having said that, we have several zippy 5800 5s lipos. I plan to run them each on their own. Then I have two traxxas 8400 3s lipos that I have wired to double the voltage. The cells seem to put out about 4 volts each on average. The 24v set up with the kelly speed control setting at 100% is way to fast for my 2.5 year old boy.

I'm not fond of limiting the voltage through the controller because all that seems to do is shut of the throttle at a certain point and he ends up with a lot of useless throttle motion.

As soon as we get some warmer weather I am hoping to do some testing with him by adjusting the current the controller sends to the motor.

Thanks for complimenting the bike, he really likes it.

• 1 year later...

hi,

could you tell me which parts you used to get this upgrade accomplished.

would be a real help to tune the oset for my daugther.

i´m interested in the wheels and braking system mainly.

best oli

These pics made me giggle - All the blokes looking at this are interested in the bike and all the women looking at this are going " Get that ****ing thing off my mahogany  table "  :hyper:

• Like 1

Oli,

The wheels are made by PRO Wheel and they are for the KTM 50.  The hubs are stock oset 16 hubs.  The brakes are also from the oset 16.  This bike has the swingarm off an oset 16 on the frame of a 12.5 too.  The front fork is completely custom made from a MTB fork and the shock is a rock shox 5" model.

Good luck with your bike!