94 Cota 314r Fuel Mix Question

steinhau

Hi all,

Just joined the forum and already have a question. Got a 94 314r on its way and was wondering about the fuel mix. US Montesa tech tips recommends 50:50 mix of 93 pump gas and 105 race fuel with Silkolene 100% synthetic for the Cota 315.

The only racing fuel I can get locally is CAM2 110 octane. Do you think a 50:50 mix of 93/110 is OK for a 94 Cota 314r? Could I even forego the mixing with the pump gas and just use 110 straight? What about jetting? Plan on using Motul 600 100% synthetic @ 1:80. Been ridin' for 31 years but VERY new to trials and appreciate ANY opinion.... ;o)

= Uwe =

I had a 94 314 ran perfectly (it did have an HRC engine after all) on normal unleaded, mixed with fully synthetic oil at 80-1 there where two settings on the ignition i always ran the softer of the two . It was my seventh Montesa and just like all the others gave me no major mechanical probs

Hi Uwe:

You can run the straight pump gas, but your bike will love the 50/50 mix of race fuel and premium unleaded. The Motul 600 is great oil. 80:1 is great. Should be no problem.

Let's see how it runs at your altitude.

Mike

Thank you all for the info. I'll go with the 50/50 93/110 mix and 80:1 synthetic oil.

Mike, even though I don't really have anything to compare it to... I'll let you know how I think it runs in my yard at 7 above sea level.... ;o)

= Uwe =