2012 Ossa Graphics Question.

scottie_b205

Did Ossa have a mid year graphics change? I have seen two '12s for sale with '13 graphics. Both bike are like new with no time on them. Neither bike has the white marzzochi forks on them.

If they did have a change, is that also when the new style air cleaner was added. I saw a previous thread that said the very first '12 didn't have the air cleaner update.

I have seen 12s with new 13 plastics and graphics added, it is a relatively cheap and quick way to refresh the bike, and in my opinion is worth it for the bendy back mudguard alone.

Some early 12s also shipped with the Old style air filters I heard. I had an 11 and did the filter mod, it is easy with the wiring harness to move the ecu but I didn't want to spend $250 on the full kit so modified the new filter to fit with the ecu in the air box. Not worth the hassle in my opinion, better use of cash would be to buy the jitsie pre filter which drastically reduces the dirt that gets to the main filter

I never dawned on me that both bikes could have been leftovers that the importer swapped out the rear fender and graphics onto. I couldn't get by my original thought. Thats why we ask questions on forums like this. I had asked one of the sellers about the year and his only reply was its a 2012.

Although I have no knowledge of the specific Ossa case, I would imagine that as the supply of one component ran out then a mid season upgrade or change would possibly be made with " new" season parts. Or they may use the racing model parts on a standard bike mid season, in any event I would imagine a low volume producer would use components in the most cost effective way to ensure cash flow and minimise stock holdings.

" I have seen 12s with new 13 plastics and graphics added, it is a relatively cheap and quick way to refresh the bike, and in my opinion is worth it for the bendy back mudguard alone."

out of interest does anyone know what this upgrade would cost in the UK ?

I would guess less than 100 quid, trialstribulations.net have all the kit necessary

Alternatively you could also just buy the rear bendy mudguard which is a direct bolt on fit with no modification, although I like the look of the new seat base/mudguard better than the old look.

Edited by canada280i