Tillamook Nationals

lineaway

Super Stars is a very unique event, and thus the name since its inception. In fact they used to by much much harder when I first started riding them. At one point we rode 20 sections and 2 or 3 loops. We would start at 830 in the am. The format changed when the event became part of the PNTA regiional series, and the cross check system is used. So now the day is much shorter, with the time limit traditionally very tight. Ioco is one of the best places to ride in NA. I think the loop used for this event is usually the most difficult you can ride, including comparing the the TTC.

I did get a chance to speak to my son last night a bit more about the Tillamook National. He said the loop was pretty long, but all the trails were incredibly groomed, as Tillamook is an ORV park and regular trail maintenance is done. He said there was one steep downhill that was cut in, but other than that is was no big deal. I have ridden there many times and its a great area, perhaps just so different than anywhere else Nationals are frequently held.

Steve

Edited by steve fracy

They `lost` quite a few riders on that steep down hill. It was too steep to return to the trail again. They were left too cut there own trail back to camp. One of them was a Pro riders minder. He was still missing his minder at Colorado! :lol: